What Will Our Kids Never Know About?
July 29, 2009 2 Comments
I came across a very interesting list recently. It is 100 Things Your Kids May Never Know About from Wired Magazine. It got me thinking…a lot, actually. I have come to realize that there are so many things have come and gone in my lifetime that no other generation after mine will be able to appreciate it!
Here are some of my favorite picks:
- The scream of a modem connecting.
- Rotary dial televisions with no remote control. You know, the ones where the kids were the remote control.
- That there was a time before ‘reality TV.’
- Blowing the dust out of a NES cartridge in the hopes that it’ll load this time.
- Using a stick to point at information on a wallchart
- Fax machines.
- Remembering someone’s phone number.
- Neat handwriting.
The world, as a whole, is moving forward at a rate that very few people appreciate. Just take a look at the Did You Know video below.
And one to lighten things up and put things into perspective. Louis CK’s take on these times: